Taking care of the environment is a responsibility that everyone should feel accountable for. LED lighting provides many environmental advantages:
- LED lights are up to 80% more efficient than traditional lighting such as fluorescent and incandescent lights.
- 95% of the energy in LEDs is converted into light and only 5% is wasted as heat.
- This is compared to fluorescent lights which convert 95% of energy to heat and only 5% into light!
- LED lights also draw much less power than traditional lighting; a typical 84 watt fluorescent can be replaced by a 36 watt LED to give the same level of light.
- Less energy use reduces the demand from power plants and decreases greenhouse gas emissions.
No Toxic Elements:
- LED lights contain no toxic elements.
- LED lights avoid the cost and time implications required for compliant disposal – and helps to protect the environment from further toxic waste.
Less Lights Needed:
- Less LED lights are needed to achieve the same level of brightness given off by fluorescents and incandescent lights.
- Fewer lights will reduce energy consumption and will therefore be a benefit to the environment.
- Life span:
- A longer life span means lower carbon emissions.
- LED Lights last up to six times longer than other types of lights, reducing the requirement for frequent replacements.
- This results in using fewer lights and hence fewer resources are needed for manufacturing processes, packaging materials and transportation.